What is Silver?
Sterling silver is 92.5% silver and is sometimes referred to as pure silver. Sterling silver will tarnish over time but with care and regular cleaning can be restored to its good as new sparkling condition. The remaining 7.5% is usually copper but can be other metal and is used to give this precious metal strength and durability.
Generally, the higher the silver content the brighter or whiter the metal but beware of antiquing effects that can make a piece of sterling silver jewellery or decorative silverware look dark. Silver which is 99.9% silver is too soft to be practical for most day to day uses. Do not use tissue or anything other than a jewellery cleaning cloth to polish your jewellery as unseen tiny hard fibers will scratch the surface.
Diamonds are the hardest of precious stones
The word 'diamond' itself is a derivative of the Greek word adamas, which means 'unconquerable'. The diamonds rarity and natural beauty have contributed to making it such an extraordinary and magical gift. Diamonds are the hardest of precious stones. Many people are confused as to how a diamond is priced. It is the undiminished beauty of diamonds.
This does not mean that a diamond cannot be damaged only that they are difficult to damage requiring a very precise strike in an exact location in order to damage the surface. And that has made them so highly prized throughout several centuries. Diamonds continue to hold a deep fascination. As the diamonds is world’s ultimate symbol of love.
Buy branded diamond jewellery
The most commonly used metals for diamond jewellery are the platinum and gold. Fancy pink colored diamonds are simply adorable and most women and girls choose pink diamond for their jewellery. You don’t have to worry about the quality of diamond used in jewellery if you are buying branded jewellery. And it is the one of the advantage to buy branded jewellery.
The wonderful cuts of diamond make them more fascinating and these cuts include; princess cut, round cut, brilliant cut, pear cut, radiant cut, emerald cut, cushion cut, asscher cut and marquise cut. Unique and fashionable diamond ornaments are made by many designers. Uniqueness is the most important part in jewellery as no two brands will offer the same design. If you buy diamond jewellery you can avail the excellent customer service they provide.